domenica 8 ottobre 2017

Introduction to BA PP and Skype Call

Hello Everybody,

My name is Selene Bueno, and I am really pleased to be part of this new life project together!
I have joined the course slightly later than the others so I lost the induction week, and for that reason I have been feeling a bit lost for a bit.

I want to start this course by being completely honest with you all, and telling you that the reason why I have actually taken so long to write my first post on this blog is because I was absolutely frightened! This is mainly because I didn't know how to start. I was worried of making grammatical mistakes (being English not my native language), and maybe not saying things that were interesting enough; but I've come to the conclusion that it's better to try and learn than to just take time... as my drama teacher used to say < Strong and wrong rather than right and "shite"!>.

I never had a blog before, I had a read through some of yours guys and they look amazing with lots of photos, illustrations, and beautiful colours! I wanted to thank Adesola for patiently helping me to comprehend the basic features of how to write and read blogs, but I still need to understand this fully so please be patient with me and hopefully I will be able to be as good as you all soon.

I had my first group Skype call on the 3rd of October, and it was great!
I left the conversation with lots of new interesting points of reflection. It was fascinating how we were giving for granted some concepts during the discussion, and then when Adesola gave as such a new and unexpected stimulus the whole conversation shifted to a whole deeper level.
We started discussing the idea of "talent" and "perfection", and how actually hard it is to give a precise definition for them.
We also analyzed those words/concepts under different contexts (e.g. from an actor/dancer's point of view, and from a teacher's point of view), and it made me realize how really different skills are involved for different roles.

I have a whole new idea now on the "critical thinking" process, and it definitely sounds clearer and more stimulating.

Looking forward for the next Skype call on Monday!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

URGENT - Calling all Module 2 Students

Hello, After reading the handbook I thought that it would be a good idea if some Module 2 students based in London were happy to meet...